Recent Foundation Funded Projects and Services
· Samaritan Fund – provides transportation, food and lodging
· Women’s Imaging Center
· CT Scanning Equipment
· Rehabilitation Equipment
· Tele-psychiatry Equipment
· Cardiac Monitors
· Furnishings for waiting rooms – critical care, children’s ED
· Scholarships and Certifications for Registered Nurses
· Betsy Johnson Emergency Department Renovations
· Clinical Education Simulation Center
· CUSOM & Harnett Health Community Care Clinic
· Cardiac Cath Lab Equipment
· Nursery Renovation at Betsy Johnson and New Bassinets at both Hospitals
. Purchase of a State-of-the-Art mobile clinical education simulation center and full body test models to practice diagnostic test.
The definition of PHILANTHROPY: Love of mankind; goodwill to fellowman; especially active effort to promote human welfare.
For most, the reason for giving begins at home. We want outstanding care for our loved ones. Through Harnett Health Foundation, you can invest to ensure outstanding care is available to all who live, work, and visit our area.
You might ask, “Why does the Foundation exist?” Funding from government and private insurance programs provides essential health services but it cannot pay for everything. The Foundation’s role is to fill the gap, to provide a personal touch for patients with extraordinary needs, to expand access to care, and to support health system staff with the very best patient care environment possible.
Harnett Health Foundation’s mission is to inspire awareness, engagement, and investment in local healthcare to improve the quality of life of our families and neighbors. With your support and generous investments, we are advancing healthcare and contributing to a thriving community through community engagement, needed development in Harnett Health facilities and state-of-the-art equipment.
We continue the mandate set by Nathan M. Johnson, Sr. when he gave the first donation to start the hospital – to provide quality care for people regardless of race, creed, color, or ability to pay.
The Foundation provides various ways to give and invites you to contact us to explore the impact your gift could have on our community. We want to help you achieve your gift objects and create a legacy. Popular methods include one-time donations and multi-year pledges for specific projects or equipment purchases.
All Harnett Health employees at Betsy Johnson Hospital, Central Harnett Hospital, our physician practices, and our outpatient centers are committed to serving you. By making a generous donation to the Foundation, you will be helping to improve the quality of healthcare for our children and our families for generations to come.
If you are interested in donating to the Harnett Health Foundation, please contact our office directly. Harnett Health Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization, and all contributions are tax-deductible as allowed by law. Consult your tax adviser for more information.
Did you know:
* 62,206 patient visits to the Central Harnett and Betsy Johnson Emergency Department.
* 8,678 patients admitted at Central Harnett Hospital and Betsy Johnson Hospital.
* The average time from when a patient arrives at the Emergency Department until they are seen by a Physician is only 31 minutes.
* Harnett Health has over 855 Active Employees
* 15.5% growth in Medical Staff. 306 Physicians currently on Medical Staff
* 557 babies born at Betsy Johnson Hospital
* 3573 Surgical Cases
* In partnership with Campbell University’s School of Medicine; Harnett Health has a total of 24 Resident Physicians. Central Harnett and Betsy Johnson Hospitals are teaching hospitals.
* Received Chest Pain Center Accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care for Central Harnett and Betsy Johnson Hospitals.
* Leap Frog is a not-for-profit public interest health group with an eye on patient safety. Harnett Health received an “A” Grade and joined the ranks of 823 out of 2639 hospitals graded across the nation.
* Cardiac Cath Lab opened in the fall of 2017 at Central Harnett Hospital.
* Harnett Health now has two exclusive Cardiology Groups providing 24/7 coverage for Betsy Johnson and Central Harnett Hospital. Ferncreek Cardiology and Harnett Cardiology.
* 1, 235, 255 medications dosed from the Pharmacies.
* 128,696 meals served to patients.
* 54,653 outpatient visits.
* 575,714 pounds of linen utilized.
* 62,384 patient visits at one of the six Harnett Health Physician Offices.